[Talk-us] Upcoming talk: Rendering server optimization at SeaPUG

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sat May 3 07:43:22 UTC 2014

On Tuesday May 6th I'll be giving a talk in the evening at the Seattle
Postgres Users Group on optimizing the Postgres side of an OpenStreetMap
tile rendering server. This is an adapted version of the talk I gave at the
regional conference in April, which you can see at
http://stateofthemap.us/session/osm2pgsql-mapnik-optimizing-the-rendering-to
olchain/

I'll post slides after the talk, but most of the changes from the previous
version will probably be in what I say, not the slides.

The talk will be in the rooms of SCHARP on the south shore of Lake Union.
I'm probably not sticking around for too long after the talk as I want to
get partway back to Vancouver