[Talk-us] Sidewalks as footpaths

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Thu May 8 13:58:30 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 7:36 AM, Mike  Dupont
<jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 4:58 AM, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've been an American 35 years and I think this is really not a good
>> way to model sidewalks.
>

> Ok, serge, well how do you address my issues here in Kansas. How will you
> model that you have sidewalks of different quality for each property on both
> sides.

I don't know what you mean by "quality" but if a sidewalk isn't usable
as a sidewalk, then don't label it as such, just as I wouldn't be
inclined to map a road that's unusable as a usable road.

> How are we going to model damaged sidewalks as I wrote? Adding in points on
> the sidewalk way?

If you insist on micromapping, then you can use complex objects like
relations, but your is a special case, most sidewalks mapped are not
micromapped in the same way.

In other words, I wouldn't bother to map sidewalks that are not usable.

- Serge