[Talk-us] [OSM-talk] Highly suspicious edit

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Sat May 17 11:15:56 UTC 2014

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 5:59 AM, Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at rushpost.com> wrote:

> I see no good reason to have a username "Delete Mine And I Delete
> Yours". I think it goes against the spirit of OSM as being overly
> confrontational on its face.

Ah, but one might say the same about posting such a suspicious account
to a list, rather than approaching the mapper directly and privately.
And one might also say that same about calling for an instant life
time ban without a hearing or appeal.  Both of those appear to be
confrontational and perhaps emotional snap decisions.

We can give this a bit of time for everybody involved to chill out a bit.

and a reminder from an earlier post, "When you find a suspicious edit,
try to be part of the solution,
rather than merely a reporting system.  :-)"

You'll find the full text in the archives.
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-us/2013-November/012171.html