[Talk-us] Standard (mapnik) toolchain/processes: can we teach these better?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon May 26 10:34:47 UTC 2014

> With a different hat on: yes it is a pet peeve of mine that we don't
> have a light weight way to push such information out to our contributors
> and, perhaps as a consequence, haven't developed a culture of actively
> informing before the fact.

+1
I think the german blog ("Wochennotiz") does a great job in filtering a lot
of interesting news about cartography, OSM, the mapnik style and a lot of
other things, and there is AFAIK also a translation by Pascal and Dennis of
the "main parts" (those potentially interesting an international audience)
into English (and some other languages) as well, called "Weekly OSM
Summary": https://blog.openstreetmap.org/
Not sure if the switch from rendering names as "catch all" to "selective
tags" was featured in the English version though. Anyway, a good read if
you are interested in OSM.

cheers,
Martin