[Talk-us] Baltimore County FIXME address question for consideration

Elliott Plack elliott.plack at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 14:42:39 UTC 2014

Greetings,

In my Baltimore County building and address import there were some
intentional errors introduced. Addresses where the county didn't know the
actual address carry a "99999" housenumber (as they do in the source data).
Already there have been a few of these that have been corrected because *local
mappers are fixing them and reporting them to me, which improves the County
data!* However, another editor pointed out that it might be better to nix
the 99999 in favor of the FIXME tag. What do you all think?

Here is a query isolating the offending addresses. There are about 2,000,
out of the 285,000 or so addresses imported, or less than 1%.

http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/5Nt

Thanks,

Elliott