[Talk-us] New I.D Feature

Minh Nguyen minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us
Sat Nov 8 21:51:24 UTC 2014

On 2014-11-07 22:35, Greg Morgan wrote:
> In contrast to the addr:state debate that we are having, I always
> use addr:country key with the "US" value. The difference here is that
> addr:country is an agreed upon ISO standard.

To be pedantic, the two-letter state abbreviations are codified in ISO
3166-2:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-2:US

The standard covers virtually all of the countries in ISO 3166-1 with
alphabetic, numeric, or alphanumeric codes. In the U.S., the codes are
instantly recognizable as USPS abbreviations, but I don't know whether
the codes elsewhere are as commonly recognizable.

minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us