[Talk-us] User randomly adding speed limits across the US

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 10:09:36 UTC 2014

> where the speed limit suddenly jumps from 25 to 55 at a village limit.

not sure if you are aware of this, in Europe we are mapping those village
limits (with the tag "traffic_sign=city_limit" and sometimes additionally
with name=placename) in order to better track speed limits. We'd typically
put the city_limit sign on the right side of the highway (it is not
intended for automatic data consumers but more a help for human mappers),
and not on the highway, to preserve implicit direction information.

cheers,
Martin