[Talk-us] Can we get this user band?

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Fri Nov 14 15:56:55 UTC 2014

On 11/14/14 10:34 AM, John F. Eldredge wrote:
> Could someone who knows Chinese check the content of the diary entries?
>
> By the way, I assume you mean "banned" (blocked from participation),
> rather than "band" (group of people). If the latter is what you meant,
> what do you want to get for the group of people?
it's almost certainly link spam, but you're right, we should have
a chinese speaking moderator review and handle this if that's at
all possible, and talk-us is perhaps not the best place for such
a request.

i'm not sure banning is very practical as they can always create
another account to blog spam from. but maybe we can get some
rate limiting built into the diary system as i can think of no valid
reason to post 50 diary entries an hour.

richard

rwelty at averillpark.net
  OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux
  Java - Web Applications - Search