[Talk-us] Ghost Towns

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 12:20:31 UTC 2014

> Martin Koppenhoefer writes:
>
>> The latter example shouldn't probably be mapped in OSM, as there is
>> literally nothing left now, while the former is still there, it is simply
>> degraded by the water and not visible most of the time due to the lake.
>>

> Another like your latter example, here in Silicon Valley.  Lexington
> reservoir is where a usually submerged ghost town (one of several of these
> former small communities around this mountainous area) re-appears during
> prolonged droughts.

nah, that's like my former example (the first one), my second one (which
I'd not expect to see in OSM any more) was a former village where now there
is just a huge hole (open pit mining), i.e. they dug away everything until
depths of several hundred feet, like here:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tagebau#mediaviewer/File:Tagebau_Garzweiler_Panorama_2005.jpg

cheers,
Martin