[Talk-us] Rand McNally is using OSM

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Sun Nov 23 03:21:27 UTC 2014

On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 6:46 PM, Richard Welty <rwelty at averillpark.net>
wrote:

> On 11/22/14 9:29 PM, Hans De Kryger wrote:
>
>  Rand McNally is using OSM in TripMaker. Say what? No way.
>
> 1.) http://tripmaker.randmcnally.com/
>  2.) https://www.mapbox.com/blog/rand-mcnally-uses-mapbox/
>
>  perhaps someone smarter than i am can point out where the
> attribution for OSM contributors is on the Rand McNally site.

Yep - I see houses I added in Washington State. No doubt it's OSM.

Under Help, there is a link for attribution, but on Chrome and Firefox, it
doesn't do anything.

I sent feedback to the site asking them to follow our wiki to properly give
credit to OSM. I'd suggest we all send feedback. Maybe they will get the
hint.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle