[Talk-us] Someone deleted my data without permission. How to undo the changeset ?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Nov 25 20:02:07 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 11/25/2014 08:33 PM, Jean-Francois Richer wrote:
> I received an email this morning mentioning that 4rch,
> an unknown user deleted one of my polygons.

It seems that you drew a large residential area in the Dominican
Republic. User 4rch remarked:

"the polygon did cover large areas without residential landuse"

At first sight, 4rch seems to be correct; the area in question seems to
be mostly meadows and forest and even an occsasional quarry, whereas a
residential area would be interpreted as (quote from Wiki) "An area of
land dedicated to, or having predominantly residential houses or
apartment buildings."

It would have been nice of 4rch to contact you and ask what you meant to
map; perhaps you just mistakenly selected the landuse=residential
category and wanted something else entirely?

> I also need help to recover my data as soon as possible.

I suggest to first determine what your polygon was meant to describe; as
I said, it doesn't pass muster as a residential area. Perhaps you  meant
to draw an administrative border?

Bye
Frederik