[Talk-us] Questions for board nominees

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Fri Oct 3 20:02:04 UTC 2014

On 10/3/14 2:51 PM, Darrell Fuhriman wrote:
> I’d be curious if the board nominees could answer a few questions.
>
> 1) What do you think the OSM.us organization does well?
a:   SOTM-US has been consistently excellent in recent years
b:  organizing events such as mapathons
> 2) Where do you think it “needs improvement"?
a: we have talked about things like presenting a US oriented map rendering
       on openstreetmap.us but that hasn't gone very far. a US rendering
with
       the experimental shield stuff would be lovely.
b: we need to finish up the 501(c)3 status
c: we have some largish servers but maybe need to think about what services
       we want to make available on them and for whom we do that
d: we have talked about the challenges of improving the "on ramp" for the
       project for newbies, but there is still work to be done there.
> 3) What are two initiatives you’d like to the board to undertake during your tenure?
> 3a) How can you contribute to those?
> 3b) How would you measure their success?

a: finishing off the 501(c)3 is important to the financial future of OSM US
b: improve "on ramp" in order to improve our stats for new users who
turn into
       active mappers

richard

rwelty at averillpark.net