[Talk-us] Statistics of board candidate edits

David Fawcett david.fawcett at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 13:57:15 UTC 2014

Robin,

Thank you for running for the board, and for your very convincing statement
describing why you would like to be board member.  When I think about the
membership of the boards of many corporations and NGOs, I often see people
who do not have a lot of direct experience with that corp/org's main
product.  They are on the boards because they bring skills, resources, and
energy.

It is clear that while you may not have a lot of editing experience, you
know what OSM is, you know the data, you see value in it, and you have
already done work to bring new people to OSM.  To me, the success of OSM US
is far more dependent on having leadership that can market to, evangelize
to, educate, and engage new mappers and data users than knowing the
intricacies of relations for turn restrictions on reverse-flow, limited
hours bike lanes.

David.