[Talk-us] Statistics of board candidate edits

David Fawcett david.fawcett at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 14:24:38 UTC 2014

Excellent description of your experience, education, passion, and
commitment Alyssa.

Again, I think that the work that Alyssa has done shows that she has
skills, experience, and a network that would be very valuable to the board,
and fit what is needed to move OSM US forward.  I have seen of Alyssa's
work in the open source geospatial area.  It is excellent, and her passion
is obvious.

The boards of companies that make products are not made up entirely of
people who intimately understand the manufacturing processes for those
products.  They include people who bring organizational, fiscal, legal,
marketing, and other skills necessary to run the organization.

An OSM US board member should know OSM, they should value and believe in
it, and they should have skills and experience that will move the
organization forward.  Having an extended history of 'on the ground' edits
is not the only way (or necessarily a way) to demonstrate that.

David.