[Talk-us] Vandalism

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Thu Oct 9 15:50:41 UTC 2014

On 10/9/14 11:24 AM, Greg Morgan wrote:
> I think this is still a question for the DWG.  I agree that it would
> be great to look at case from a positive perspective.  In that
> respect, It would have been great if they just added a poi for the
> business, address, etc However, when you look at the user page,
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Cheryl%20Daly, then you see that it
> was all about advertisement.  Changing a street name to the person's
> name and business and using the change set description as yet another
> form of advertisement,
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/25304540, then you see it was
> nothing more than vandalism.

this incident is a small one that is on a path to easy resolution w/o DWG
having to engage. i'm pretty sure the members of the DWG prefer it that
way. the DWG is a big hammer, this incident does not require a big hammer.
in general we should be very slow to invoke the DWG, and make an effort
as members of the community to work through these things first.

richard

rwelty at averillpark.net
  OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux
  Java - Web Applications - Search