[Talk-us] Edits needing investigation in Tennessee

Andrew Guertin andrew.guertin at uvm.edu
Fri Oct 10 15:54:09 UTC 2014

While investigating changes in my area, I noticed that
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Rondale has quite a large number of
changes recently where they changed highway=* to highway=residential (*
including at least service[1], unclassified[1], tertiary[1], secondary,
primary[2], and trunk[2]).

I have messaged them specifically about the changes in Vermont, but
there are other changes in Tennessee that I'm not local to and wouldn't
feel comfortable discussing or reverting. In Vermont, the highway
changes were paired with other changes (road deletions, road additions,
road additions through buildings[3]...) that may (?) have come from
working with old aerial imagery. Is there anyone here from Tennessee to
check if similar problems exist in this user's edits to that area? And
would feel comfortable reverting if appropriate?

--Andrew

[1] http://nrenner.github.io/achavi/?changeset=25947668
[2] http://nrenner.github.io/achavi/?changeset=25904320
[3] http://nrenner.github.io/achavi/?changeset=25967936