[Talk-us] Presenting your new OSM-US board

Martijn van Exel martijn at openstreetmap.us
Wed Oct 15 22:58:43 UTC 2014

Thank you, Toby! I am excited and honored to serve on the board for another
year with this great team. Let me also take this opportunity to thank you
and Michael Collinson, the other independent elections observer, for the
important role you played in ensuring these elections were conducted in a
proper and fair manner. We could not have done this without you.

Let me also join you in thanking the outgoing board members, Mele and
Kathleen, for their invaluable service on the board! I have enjoyed working
with both of you immensely.

And, I want to thank all the candidates for running! We had the strongest
ballot I can remember and whatever the outcome would have been, it would
have resulted in a great 2014-2015 board of directors.

Last, but certainly not least, I want to thank all of you who took the time
to vote and be a part of these elections by engaging in the discussions on
this mailing list and elsewhere.

The coming weeks we will be busy with a few things. Firstly, the transition
phase getting the new members up to speed. Secondly, finalizing the State
Of The Map US 2015 bid selection process. And finally, working our way
through the final administrativia involved with becoming a 501(c)(3)
registered charity.

Best,
Martijn

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 4:43 PM, Toby Murray <toby.murray at gmail.com> wrote:

> Voting closed on the OSM-US board election last night. Michael Collinson
> and I acted as election observers and we are both satisfied that the
> election was carried out properly. So today I am happy to announce our new
> board members:
>
> Alyssa Wright
> Martijn van Exel
> Alex Barth
> Ian Dees
> Eleanor Tutt
>
> More information and some notes from Michael about the election are up on
> the openstreetmap.us blog:
> http://openstreetmap.us/2014/10/election-results/
>
> Please join me in thanking the outgoing board members for their service to
> the OSM community in the US over the past year and welcome the new members
> to the challenges ahead for next year.
>

> Toby

Martijn van Exel
President, US Chapter