[Talk-us] Dirt Roads (formerly: Abandoned railway)

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Tue Sep 2 15:08:52 UTC 2014

Seems to me that if a bot could easily to this then a router could do it without having a bot go through and tag things.

I'd change the rules posted just a little. If…

1) Tagged with "tiger:reviewed=no"
2) Tagged with "highway=residential"
3) Missing "name=*"

Then consider same as highway=service for routing purposes.

I haven't delved into the preprocessing and database creation that any specific router does, but that does not seem undoable. I guess the issue would be convincing non-US based routing project(s) to include that logic in their database creation scripts.