[Talk-us] Prima Facie Speed Limits

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Mon Sep 8 21:27:41 UTC 2014

Thus far I've only applied the maxspeed tag to roads with a posted speed limit. But here in California most residential roads are not posted, instead there is a state wide prima facie limit: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc22352.htm

I am considering tagging the unsigned speed limit on residential roads in my area and am thinking of tagging the authority of the speed with "source:maxspeed=US:CA:residential" based on an extension of the type of things I see at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:source:maxspeed

How does this sound? Objections? Is there a better way?

Thanks!
Tod