[Talk-us] Prima Facie Speed Limits

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Wed Sep 10 17:49:25 UTC 2014

On 9/10/14 9:42 AM, Greg Morgan wrote:

> Thanks.  I could not remember the name of the manual.  Although states
> have rights, federal $$dollars$$ and the restrictions attached can
> have a way overriding states rights.
actually one of the most powerful motivators behind
the widespread adaption of the MUTCD is liability.
if states and municipalities show they are operating
in accordance with the MUTCD then they can avoid
a world of hurt in court. it's why the recent addition
of a number of bicycle facilities to the MUTCD is a
big deal, as it makes them suddenly ok for many
jurisdictions where they weren't before.

richard

rwelty at averillpark.net
 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux
 Java - Web Applications - Search