[Talk-us] multiple-value problem in ref tags

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Tue Sep 16 03:31:43 UTC 2014

On 9/15/2014 7:03 PM, Jack Burke wrote:
> As the wiki doesn't specifically say *don't* put a space after the
> semicolon, I didn't see a problem with doing it. [1]
The standard is to use ; without a space as a delimiter. This is what
both iD and JOSM use. https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues/941 has
a bit more info from 2013.

The semicolon should never make it to the TTS engine, the processing
before it gets that far should transform it into something that can be
spoken.

Remember, the ; isn't being used as punctuation, it's being used as a
delimiter.

The quote you pasted said "with a semicolon and without a space
character", which agrees with this.