[Talk-us] Merging NYC buildings

Reilly, Colin creilly at doitt.nyc.gov
Fri Sep 19 13:19:23 UTC 2014

I've also see buildings merged that may appear to be one building from above but are in fact two. A single building cannot straddle two tax parcels. In general, visual information in NYC is sometimes not enough to warrant a change. Example below of a building with two separate address points sitting on two separate tax parcels that was merged when it should not have been.

The intention of this email is to inform the group. I'm sure you can all imagine the challenges in managing data in Manhattan. Often multiple sources are necessary to validate changes.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3069855105/history#map=19/40.75931/-73.96838

Cheers,

Colin Reilly
Director, Geographic Information Systems
New York City Department of
Information Technology & Telecommunications