[Talk-us] Facts about the world

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at garnix.org
Fri Apr 3 18:39:25 UTC 2015

> Perhaps we, as the U.S. chapter, play a role in creating or sustaining these false assumptions? Do we need to do a better job highlighting really good local mapping efforts? I would welcome opinions and ideas.

Honestly, no, I don’t think we do. Frederik just isn’t paying attention if he thinks that’s all, or even primarily what we are.

To be fair, if your primary view is talk-us, then yes, it could look a lot of talk about imports, but that’s because those *require* discussions. We’ve held plenty of events here in Portland that never make it to talk-us because they don’t need to.

The fact that SotM.us is growing rapidly and that synergistic things like Maptime are also exploding gives lie to the idea that there isn’t an active community here.

Ignore the haters, we’re doing fine.

Darrell