[Talk-us] Facts about the world

Alex Barth alex at openstreetmap.us
Sat Apr 4 15:20:50 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 8:53 PM, Paul Norman <penorman at mac.com> wrote:

> In the current board term I counted 15 blog posts. The breakdown of these
> is
>
> 7 conference
> 3 indoor computer-based events
> 2 non-OSM geo-related projects
> 2 chapter administrative
> 1 HOT
>
> Last year, it is similar, except the conference itself was within the time
> collected
> 21 conference
> 10 indoor computer-based events
> 4 chapter administrative
> 1 HOT

None of the indoor events you listed are indoor only, they are all
mapathons and we leave it explicitly up to the local organizer whether they
want to go out or stay in. Obviously there's a misunderstanding and we need
to work on better communicating this. More outside pictures everyone! -
among other things.

Looking at Eleanor email just now on this same thread I want to highlight
this sentence:

> My first editathon - led by another community member - involved walking
around outdoors on a college campus.

This is why we're doing mapathons (previously editathons) - they bring new
people into the community! How awesome is that?

--
Alex Barth
Vice President