[Talk-us] North Carolina Outer Banks

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Sun Apr 5 18:23:07 UTC 2015

On Sat, Apr 4, 2015 at 4:49 PM, Jeff Klein <jeff.klein.nc at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I am correct, probably confused, the map sets only go as far east as -76 West, which excludes the Outer Banks of North Carolina. How do I get maps that go further east?

Dear Jeff,

Are you asking about the garmin files that are found here?
http://daveh.dev.openstreetmap.org/garmin/Lambertus/2015-03-29

They are extracted from OpenStreetMap data and converted to the format
for those devices.  If something is missing, like a swath East of some
line, then it was likely left out deliberately, for some reason. (Or
by mistake, like failing to recognize the awesomeness of Southern
Shores, NC, and the Duck Woods Country Club. "Saaaaa-lute!!!")

If you would like help with a specific CONSUMER of OpenStreetMap data,
and there are many of them, please say which one you are referring to.
If you are talking about Dave's wonderful garmin extracts, then you
might try one of the larger file formats that span more than just the
continental US.  You also might send Dave an email and ask if he would
consider moving his bounding boxes for you, to include the area that
interests you.

And, yeah, the outer banks are awesome.  :-)