[Talk-us] Importing Tesla Superchargers

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Apr 11 09:45:45 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 04/11/2015 08:28 AM, Charles Samuels wrote:
> I have an implementation of a program to import all worldwide
> Tesla Superchargers into OSM.

Then I suggest posting to the imports@ list before you start, and not
just to talk-us.

I think you should perhaps drop the "name" tag for these superchargers;
we don't place name tags on post boxes or phone booths or similar
amenities either ("British Telecom Phone Booth South Bumfield"). It
appears to me that what you have put in the "name" tag is not really a
name but just a description?

I googled some Tesla Supercharger images and none of them had a caption
like "The Tesla Supercharger Harris Ranch" - the captions were all like
"The 123rd Tesla Supercharger in South Someplace" which would support my
notion that these things do not have a name really.

Bye
Frederik