[Talk-us] Am I doing this right? Houses w/ addresses

Greg Morgan dr.kludge.gm at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 16:50:21 UTC 2015

On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 6:35 PM, Harald Kliems <kliems at gmail.com> wrote:

> In areas with detached houses, the Android app Keypadmapper has worked
> pretty well for me. Once house numbers get too dense (worst case: Montreal,
> where each apartment in a duplex or triplex will have it's own house
> number) it starts getting tricky assigning the number to the correct
> building. And yeah, Mapillary imagery can definitely be useful for address
> data.

Keypad mapper is wonderful because you are not as conspicuous when using
pen and paper.  I've tried using ranges were I drop the leading two digits
while entering five digit numbers.  There's a bunch of post processing when
you actually enter the data.  With any technique that I use, I always feel
like Billy in the family circus.  It is amazing where people put
addresses.  Commercial buildings can be the worst case to try and find the
number.

http://familycircus.com/comics/april-5-2015/