[Talk-us] Great Lakes Boundaries

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 13:19:39 UTC 2015

> Am 24.04.2015 um 17:23 schrieb AJ Ashton <aj.ashton at gmail.com>:
>
> Yes, if Lake Superior is mapped as natural=coastline (which I think is the easier-to-maintain approach for such a large & complex water body) then we should remove natural=water from the multipolygon relation (r4039486). Does anyone have any objection to this? It's causing some noticeable rendering issues both in the standard style and for data consumers.

yes, if the coastline tag remains it seems logical to remove the natural=water tag. Semantically the coastline tag on a freshwater lake is clearly wrong, but it seems to be an accepted compromise in this case: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:natural%3Dcoastline#What_about_lakes.3F

cheers
Martin