[Talk-us] New MapRoulette challenge - fix railway crossings

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Tue Aug 4 20:53:28 UTC 2015

On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 8:17 AM, Mike N <niceman at att.net> wrote:

> It was a pleasant dive into the latest MapRoulette challenge - my
> impression now is that most road-rail intersections in the US have
> previously been touched.  The stats for the fix railway challenge seem to
> confirm this: 75% are skipped or have been previously completed.

This is a fun and easy challenge. If you have a few minutes to kill, this
is the challenge.

Some observations:
I've left JOSM open since I started. Two sections of the country seem to be
missing, the Southwest and Southeast. There are a few in California and
Arizona/NM but nothing so far, as far as I can see, in Mississippi,
Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Tenn, the Virginias, or the Carolina's.

It would be nice if the render could add the "X" to all nearby tracks, at
least until we complete this challenge. I check if not all of the tracks
are rendered with an "X" Some times they are missing other times they are
mapped.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle