[Talk-us] Viewing Zoom Levels

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Wed Aug 26 13:12:43 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 5:47 AM, Alan Bragg <alan.d.bragg at gmail.com> wrote:

> How can I view the current "zoom level"​ in the JOSM editor or at the
> basic OSM website openstreetmap.org
>
> Zoom levels are defined as numbers (1-19) at
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Zoom_levels
>
> I read a lot of messages talking about viewing details at at specific zoom
> levels.

Alan,
The zoom level is displayed on OSM in the url. For example,
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/48.46099/-122.33798 the zoom level is
17. Notice when you zoom in or out, the map= changes each time.

JOSM is a little more hidden, a right click on the background image gives
the option of "Show Tile Info" with the zoom level indicated in the Tile
Name.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle