[Talk-us] Deleting standalone empty nodes?

Steve Friedl steve at unixwiz.net
Tue Dec 8 01:39:25 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I'm mapping mostly in Southern California where I live and hike, and
sometimes I run across nodes with no tags, not part of anything, often the
owned by some kind of bot.  You can't see them directly in OSM, but in JOSM
there's a trail of them paralleling Santiago Truck Trail:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/33.6903/-117.5494

Most of them are by bots - OSMF Redaction Account, woodpeck_fixbot - and
they appear to be spurious, but I'm not sure if they are there for a reason.

Is there ever any benefit in a standalone node with no tags, especially if
it doesn't appear to be in an "interesting" location relative to underlying
imagery?

Thanks,

Steve

---

Stephen J Friedl  | Security Consultant | UNIX Wizard | 714 345-4571

 <mailto:steve at unixwiz.net> steve at unixwiz.net | Southern California |
Windows Guy |  unixwiz.net