[Talk-us] SunCertPathBuilderException

Alan Bragg alan.d.bragg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 20:49:35 UTC 2015

At 3pm EST JOSM is refusing to start. I getting this message.
‚ÄčIf I ignore the message I can continue to use JOSM as usual.

        JOSM tried to access the following resources:

   - https://josm.openstreetmap.de/maps
   - https://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/StartupPage

but *failed* to do so, because of the following network errors:

   - sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to
   find valid certification path to requested target

It may be due to a missing proxy configuration.
Would you like to change your proxy settings now?