[Talk-us] SunCertPathBuilderException

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 23:23:42 UTC 2015

I too am now getting the problem (but am on a corporate network at the
moment, will try from home later):

Version 8969

Last change at 2015-10-29 22:15:23 +0100 (Thu, 29 Oct 2015)

Java Version 1.8.0_65

Windows 7

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 3:58 PM, Greg Morgan <dr.kludge.gm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Checking the certificate[1] via a web browser says that the certificate
> for https://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/StartupPage is valid

I get the same results from a web browser as you, it is valid.

> If the issue is a proxy problem as Mike pointed out, then I recall that
> you have to add -Dhttp.proxyHost=yourProxyURL to your JOSM arguments before
> you can change the proxy settings in your preferences.

That is correct, but if web traffic is being filtered I don't think there
is anything that can be done within JOSM to fix the problem.  The problem
for me in the past has been that the filter returned a response like "are
you sure you want to go to xyz.com", which normally in a browser would be
displayed and you would have an opportunity to say "yes", but JOSM didn't
know what to do with that response, hence the error.  That isn't the
problem for me today as I can go to josm.openstreetmap.de (and directly to
its IP address) without a warning from a browser.

Mike