[Talk-us] Why does the USA currently lag in OSM map quality?

Eleanor Tutt eleanor.tutt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 20:57:44 UTC 2015

+1 to Bryce's comments about reaching out to existing communities with
shared interests who may be using other tools/methods currently.

This conversation reminds me a of a presentation I saw on Missouri's recent
attempts to survey people about internet access and map broadband coverage,
including in rural areas.  They had luck with outreach by setting up booths
at State and County Fairs - that seemed to be where enough people gathered
at once to make the outreach worth the time & effort (although they often
used pins and paper maps to gather their data given spotty coverage).  I
wonder if anyone has ever had an OSM State Fair mapping party?

Eleanor