[Talk-us] Should this be a dual carriageway?

Zontine, Chris -(p) chrisz at telenav.com
Thu Jan 8 19:51:39 UTC 2015

Regarding tagging highway=motorway or highway=trunk my take is the documentation is a bit ambiguous. I've posted the paragraph here. See 'In the less usual case ... along the same carriageway use a single way ...'.

I do not see a barrier using BING nor Mapbox Satellite.  However, TIGER 2014 shows as a dual carriageway. Umm ... what to do? Follow TIGER? Or remove the FIXME and do nothing more?

'A motorway is normally represented by a series two parallel ways, one for each carriageway<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/carriageway> tagged with highway=motorway. These ways should all point direction of travel and be tagged with oneway=yes. In the less usual case of a motorway where traffic travels in both directions along the same carriageway use a single way and tag it with oneway=no. '