[Talk-us] Bike route relation issues

James Umbanhowar jumbanho at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 18:28:27 UTC 2015

The GDMBR issue seems to be a conflict between tagging for the renderer
and tagging for the router ;).  To play a little bit of devil's
advocate, gravel roads are eminently bikeable to many non-mountain
bikes.  Bike manufacturers have come out with "gravel grinder" style
bikes which are really just old style road bikes with wide tires. There
is fast becoming a continuum from mountain bike to road racing bike in
terms of their ability to handle different types of road conditions

My opinion is that the road ways themselves should be tagged as unpaved
(or tracks as many already are).

The I-5 thing seems strange.  That is not a separate "bike route" but
rather an interstate highway that allows bicycles.  bicycle=yes on all
the component ways should be sufficient.

James