[Talk-us] GNIS POI populations

Harald Kliems kliems at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 14:05:35 UTC 2015

I wonder if this isn't something that could be more elegantly solved via
wikidata [1]. It looks like population data is not yet routinely included
in the entries of cities and towns, but to me this would make a lot of
sense. Much easier to maintain than having to regularly do mass mechanical
edits in OSM. Thoughts?

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Wikidata