[Talk-us] ARNOLD highway data

Alex Barth alex at openstreetmap.us
Tue Jan 20 03:43:39 UTC 2015

The emerging ARNOLD national highway database by the US DOT is possibly
interesting for people here. It does contain OSM relevant data. This blog
post goes back to Thomas Roff from DOT reaching out to OSM US to explore
areas of mutual benefit. The directions Martijn and I discussed with him
were

a) listening to OSM changes to help improve the ARNOLD dataset (with or
without a previous import of ARNOLD data) - a little bit like this is set
up for NYC http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/lxbarth/diary/23588
b) using OSM software for data management

Martijn, Thomas - please add where I missed something.

Both are blue sky ideas and wouldn't be executed by OpenStreetMap US as
this is not our place.

I'm sharing this here for everybody's consideration and comments.

http://openstreetmap.us/2014/12/arnold-for-osm/

Cheers -

Alex

--