[Talk-us] Railway crossing challenge for MapRoulette

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Tue Jul 7 15:35:03 UTC 2015

Martijn, thank you for this terrific contribution to improve OSM's
rail infrastructure in the USA!

BTW, while level_crossings display in its default/mapnik backdrop
layer only when closely zoomed in, OSM rail data in OpenRailwayMap
continue to grow nicely, especially with usage= tags (and to a lesser
degree -- still, it makes me happy to see our progress -- better
name= tags).  A short six or eight months ago, we barely had a little
nucleus of orange around Kansas City, and that was it.  Now look at
us!

http://www.openrailwaymap.org/?lang=en&lat=38&lon=-95&zoom=5&style=standard

shows how these efforts have spread across the entire North American
continent.  Our rail is filling out nicely, even as there remains
plenty to do.

SteveA
California (/Railroads wiki contributor)