[Talk-us] Railway crossing challenge for MapRoulette

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Tue Jul 21 18:07:50 UTC 2015

Paul Johnson wrote:
>I do like this challenge concept, however, given TIGER's somewhat
>lackluster modeling of railways, seems like a prerequisite challenge
>would be to tiger-review it and get the tracks actually lining up
>with reality first.

Hi Paul:

I completely agree that railways in OSM from TIGER can use review and
improvement.  So much so that I have written this paragraph in our
wiki as a suggestive process to do so:

http://wiki.osm.org/wiki/WikiProject_United_States_railways#Editing_Railroads_starting_from_TIGER_data

I invite you and everybody reading talk-us to roll up your sleeves
and pitch in:  with hundreds of thousands of miles of rail in the
USA, there is a lot of work ahead to improve our national rail
infrastructure!

We can complete these tasks simultaneously -- I don't think one is
necessarily prerequisite to the other.

SteveA
California