[Talk-us] USBR 45 in Minnesota, USBR 76 proposal in Kansas

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Fri Jul 24 18:42:09 UTC 2015

Still no takers on my request for help editing some improvements to
USBR 45 in Minnesota, so this opportunity is still open.  Please, if
you wish to see accurate national bicycle routing in Minnesota, just
ask!

On the good news front, our map has had added to it the dedicated
efforts of OSM volunteer FTA who stepped up and rather quickly
entered the state of Kansas' ballot proposal to AASHTO for USBR 76.
One minor ambiguity remains near Chanute, Kansas, and our USBRS
WIkiProject simply awaits an email reply from Kansas DOT's GIS team
to resolve the issue.  And, Cycle Map layer has already begun to
render USBR 76 in Kansas (at closer zoom levels).  So, I'll call this
sub-sub-project about 98% complete.  Yeah!

I wanted to take this opportunity to (more widely) thank FTA for his
efforts to complete this, as well as to reiterate how straightforward
tools like talk-us, our wiki, email with file attachments, strong
editors like JOSM and iD, Andy's Cycle Map renderer and good, clear
communication allow great collaboration to take place, yielding
awesome results -- and quickly!

Go, OSM!

SteveA
California