[Talk-us] Proper tagging for crosswalks

Jim McAndrew jim at loc8.us
Tue Jun 23 19:46:05 UTC 2015

I am looking into tagging some crosswalks, and I've just been putting a
node at the intersection. Some crosswalks are really long though, and I
think that information is important to the person crossing the road. Is
there an acceptable way that we can tag a way as a crosswalk without
interfering with its other tags (ex: highway=crossing on a way could
interfere with a tag like highway=path).

I'd love to hear everyone's opinion on what we can do or why we shouldn't
try this.

--
Jim