[Talk-us] Destination tagging

Duane Gearhart duane at mapzen.com
Tue Mar 3 16:33:31 UTC 2015

Harald,

I would like the community to improve the tagging of exit sign information
in the US. I created a wiki page that has some of the proposed improvements
for the categorization of the exit sign information.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Exit_Info

Tagging the exit sign information as suggested will improve the route
narrative at these highway transition points

Martijn van Exel has also be advocating for better US exit sign tagging:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/mvexel/diary/22419

My suggestion for the off ramp would be:

destination:ref=I 39 South;I 90 East

destination=Janesville;Chicago

Regards,

Duane