[Talk-us] Destination tagging

Harald Kliems kliems at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 17:10:39 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 10:35 AM Jack Burke <burkejf3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't see where you're getting the "interstate references shouldn't go
> in the destination tag" bit...can you quote the sentence/paragraph on that?

Not in the text, but the first and last two examples
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:destination#Examples. I would have
tagged the first one

destination=Berlin;A 2

And the second to last one:

destination:lanes=Oberhausen;Düsseldorf;Köln-Nord;A 3|A
3;Oberhausen;Düsseldorf;Köln-Nord;A
3|Oberhausen;Düsseldorf;Köln-Nord|K-Zentrum;A 3|Olpe;Gummersbach;A 4

Anyway, the method linked to by Duane makes a lot of sense to me. I think
that page should be linked to from the destination wiki page or integrated
into it, as otherwise nobody is going to find that info.

 Harald.

Harald.