[Talk-us] Best practices for outdoor mapping party

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Mon Mar 9 19:19:12 UTC 2015

The real core question is: will you have newbies or not?

Old hands will have their favourite method of mapping anyway and are
unlikely to change (obviously for nearly every thing except large scale
geometry changes vespucci is the only reasonable solution :-)). For them
you simply need a reasonable way of splitting up the area in question,
essentially any print out of OSM will do OK, field papers working
particularly well.

If you have newbies you need to think about if you want to pair them up
with old hands or have them go out and learn the ropes on their own
(I've tried both and there are likely an even number of pros and cons
for both).

Simon