[Talk-us] [OSM-talk] Your opinion about SOTM US

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Thu Mar 12 18:27:11 UTC 2015

>Is anybody interested in using such a service?

Though this does seem to overlap with Tiger 2014 Battle Grid, it
sounds pretty cool, and so will likely have wide appeal, a virtual
prerequisite for such an endeavor.  It could even become a sustained
part of Mapping Parties in the USA, at least until it isn't seen as
particularly useful for a given area (which will "fix itself").

Clearly, a large goal for OSM USA is to well coordinate many/most/all
of our TIGER-cleanup efforts into something cohesive, ongoing and if
possible, fun.  We might start with a "TIGER Cleanup Vision"
statement with some sub-goals and even rough time lines.  (If this
exists anywhere and I haven't seen it, apologies).  But it could be a
major thrust forward to bring OSM into a kind of "more mature" data
present -- one which large parts of Europe enjoy now.  While there
are some very nice places in OSM in the USA, we certainly cannot rest
upon our laurels:  we have significant catching up to do, especially
with TIGER cleanup.

SteveA
California