[Talk-us] Deletion rampage by a certain user

Clay Smalley claysmalley at gmail.com
Mon May 18 22:51:17 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Last winter, I drove around a bunch of neighborhoods with my GPS and
manually added them into OSM. I wanted to add a few more neighborhoods
today, so I opened up OSM and went to that area, and a significant chunk of
my additions were mysteriously deleted.

I investigated a little, and it looks like Cam4rd98 [1] went to various
parts of the US and deleted a lot of ways without any explanation over the
course of 3 days [2]. In my area in particular (Katy, TX), I noticed he
specifically deleted neighborhoods mapped by me and left intact the
neighborhoods others had mapped.

(side note, this might be retaliation for me calling him out on copying
from Google Maps? I'm not sure if he knows that was me, but it might be
relevant.)

I sent him a message about it, and he hasn't responded. This is pretty
frustrating. What can I do about this?

Clay

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Cam4rd98
[2] http://www.cs.utexas.edu/~clay/deletions.html