[Talk-us] Deletion rampage by a certain user

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Tue May 19 17:40:22 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-05-19 at 17:24 +0000, Clay Smalley wrote:
> I disagree. In this group of changesets, he has deleted things that
> were not added by himself. He deleted my own original work that I
> surveyed and traced. And I'm baffled as to why.

We would have at least had some idea what was going through his head.
Maybe he thought they were ones he added. With a comment we'd know it
was an honest mistake and not retaliatory vandalism.

> I do agree that he needs to comment his changesets. This would save me
> quite a lot of frustration.

I think I've only left changesets uncommented less than 10 times out of
around 5600. Some of those were in the early days when I barely had a
clue what I was doing in Potlatch.

> In good faith, I'm going to go ahead and undelete all the
> neighborhoods that I mapped out in Katy. I can't say anything about
> the other areas where he deleted things - looks like we need to
> investigate more on that.

Good idea, and we definitely do.