[Talk-us] CrossCountryRoads

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Sun Nov 1 23:18:55 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Just stumbled on crosscountryroads.com, one of many (?) 'road geek' web
sites hosting images and videos of (mostly) freeway scenery. Pretty cool
and useful. I sent the proprietor of the site a message asking if we may
use the images and videos to improve OSM.

Does anyone know of any others we may use? Is this useful / interesting?

Here's what I sent:

------------------------
Hello Tom,

I found your web site via Facebook. I was already a member of some 'road
geek' type groups and this one was suggested to me. Very cool.

I don't know if you know about OpenStreetMap, the open (wiki-style) map of
the world? I was wondering if contributors to the OpenStreetMap project may
use the images / videos on this web site to help improve OpenStreetMap with
more signpost / lane / speed limit and other information that may be
gleaned from these images and videos?

Thank you for your consideration!
Martijn van Exel
OpenStreetMap US