[Talk-us] Maxweight in the USA

Steve Friedl steve at unixwiz.net
Mon Nov 2 22:12:14 UTC 2015

This issue has come up as well with the height of mountain peaks; those of us who hike in the mountains in the US know peak heights *only* in feet, but OSM seems to reflect this in meters; this is entirely unhelpful to local hikers.  Us locals think of Sierra Peak as 4050 feet, not 928 meters.

The discussion was strictly informal, but I think a number of us liked the idea to support a unit of measure, such as ele=4050ft or maxweight=10t

Steve